Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Closet Space

My husband and I have separate closets. Aside from the obvious space benefits, there is another thing I have really enjoyed.
I use a certain shelf to arrange items that have meaning to me and that increase my energy.
Several years ago my best friend gave me a beautiful Christmas tree ornament. It is pink and orange with sparkles all over it. It is shaped like a heart and has a fushia bow as a hanger.
Not only was it lovely to look at, but I also noticed that when I looked at it it gave me a happy feeling (energy rising-more posts on that to come), a sense of renewal. Some days I need that more than others!
So I decided that I wanted it to look at it everyday, instead it only at Christmas time.
That was my first "closet space" item. To that I have added a photo of my sponsered child from World Vision. Her name is Resty. I always remember to pray for those that I SEE everyday, but Resty is far away and I have never met her, so I need to keep her image nearby.
Then my mother gave me a silver angel pin several years ago for a gift. (She knows how much help this family needs!) I don't like to wear pins, but the angel was so nice and it reminds me of angels watching over us, that it went to the closet. Each one of us has an angel assigned to us-see Acts 12:15).
Also, a gift bag and box from the jeweler whom I buy from. She has done several custom designs for me over the years.
Lastly. a blue mosiac 8x8 piece of a white horse. To me it looks like the horse of Alexander The Great. He was so attached to his horse, that the horse was buried with him. The blue tiles the color of the 5th chakra, and the white horse, the color of the 7th chakra.
These closet items help boost me when I need it. Some days more than others!

No comments:

Post a Comment